- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup leeks, white part only, chopped
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a 10-12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and mushrooms. Sauté until tender. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes, making sure the garlic does not brown. Add the wine and sauté until wine reduces by half. Add the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and stir. Remove from pan and keep warm. Wipe out pan.
- Trim and pound chicken breasts to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil is hot add chicken breasts and sauté 4-6 minutes per side or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Make sure the pan is not overcrowded. Drain off fat. Cover each chicken breast with a slice of Provolone cheese. Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with leek, mushroom and sun-dried tomato mixture spooned over each breast. Top with basil and serve immediately.