- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can Hominy, drained
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Fire Roasted Salsa
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Crushed corn tortilla chips
- Diced avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese for garnish
- In a large pot heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, but not brown. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, hominy, Fire Roasted Salsa, chicken and black beans. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add salt to taste (sodium content in chicken stocks may vary).
- Serve hot garnished with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream and cheese.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients