- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/2-inch thick
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, woody end trimmed and sliced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3/4 pound vermicelli pasta
- Place Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce, lime juice and lime zest in a sauce pan. Place on low heat, stirring often.
- Place sesame seeds on a small pan and toast lightly in a toaster oven or oven at 350 degrees F. for about 8 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Set aside.
- Place pounded chicken breasts in a zip lock bag. Pour in the sesame oil and coat thoroughly. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large sauté pan or grill pan. Add the chicken and cook until browned on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side) and remove from heat. Tent to keep warm.
- Cook the asparagus in the boiling water and then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Bring the water back to a boil, adding additional water, if necessary and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Add the shredded carrots and chopped cilantro to the peanut sauce.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Mix the pasta, sauce and asparagus together. Place on a large platter and lay chicken strips over the top. Garnish with sesame seeds and whole cilantro leaves.