- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon baking mats.
- Roll the pie pastry to be approximately 1/8” thick. Using a large apple shaped cookie cutter (or a 4 ½” biscuit cutter), cut out shapes and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Continue to roll out dough and cut until all dough has been used.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of Apple Pie Jam into the center of half of the cut outs, leaving the remaining half to place on top.
- Lightly brush milk around the outer edges surrounding the jam and gently place the remaining cut outs on top, lining up the edges. Use the tines of a fork, firmly press down all around the edges of each hand pie to ensure they are held together during baking.
- Brush the tops of the hand pies with the remaining milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crusts have become a golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.