- Preheat oven to 425°F. Open pizza mix and reserve 1 tablespoon of dry mix. Lightly brush or spray a 10” cast iron skillet or spring form pan with olive oil. Set aside.
- Pour contents of yeast packet and warm water into a small bowl. Add sugar. Whisk well and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour pizza mix into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add yeast mixture, vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes, using the paddle attachment (expect a heavy batter consistency more than a dense dough).
- Place ½ of the mixture into the prepared skillet or pan. You can then tightly wrap and freeze the other half for later use. Sprinkle the top with the reserved dry mix so that you can form the pizza without it sticking to your fingers. Gently pat the dough so that it covers the bottom of the pan and continue to push it up the sides.
- Place in a warm, draft free spot and allow to rise for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush the bottom and edges with remaining oil and prebake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and layer the mozzarella cheese across the bottom. Top with ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Add the cooked ground sausage and then spread the jar of pizza sauce across the top, sprinkling the remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese across the top.
- Place the casserole back into the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted, the edges of the filling are bubbling and the crust is browned.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.