Assistant Café Manager
As an Assistant Manager in our Café you will assist the Manager in operating the Café in a manner that will achieve corporate profit objectives, provide guest satisfaction, and help provide a friendly and enthusiastic work environment for all team members. Additionally, you will be expected to assist in the daily operation of the restaurant and work at any station when necessary. As the Manager on Duty, ensure that the highest level of hospitality and service is provided to guests at all times. Ensure compliance with established food standards, food quality, preparation and production. Ensure compliance with prescribed standards in the areas of guest relations, labor costs, paper costs, restaurant safety and sanitation. Prepare and maintain team member schedules, financial and administrative reports.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Café Manager to ensure adequate staffing and staff development to cover all shifts through effective scheduling, recruitment, orientation and training practices to effectively manager employee turnover
- Assist in maintaining a positive environment which provides fast, efficient and friendly service at all times
- Resolve guest problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions
- Help manage the Café revenue and operating expenses to budget
- Protect employees and guests by complying with legal requirements, providing a safe and clean café environment and ensuring that ServSafe practices are always in place
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Guest focused with at least 3 years restaurant and supervisory experience (front of the house and back of the house).
- Knowledge of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws with ServSafe certification a plus.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office Preferred)
- Results driven with strong organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Must be creative, flexible and adaptable to change
- Experience effectively delegating, coaching and training team members.
- Proven ability to effectively deal with conflict.
- Must be able to climb stairs, lift 50 lbs, bend, stretch and stand for 8 hours.
If you are interested in sharing your employment information, please download our employment application and contact us at: