Manufacturing Team Leader
Full-Time Year-Round - 2nd Shift
The Manufacturing Team Leader oversees Associates and Specialists and directs and coordinates activities within a production area in which safety; quality, continuous improvement and productivity are supported by performing duties personally and/or through other employees within that process. They will manage change and facilitate communications for problem solving and improvements within the department. The majority of time will be spent on the manufacturing floor monitoring production flow and working on the line.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in overseeing the efficient operation of the manufacturing floor including monitoring, coaching and training. Also ensures scrap and rejects are kept to a minimum.
- Works with Supervisor to ensure production schedules are met.
- Able to perform all positions on the lines and be able to train Associates and Specialists to perform all positions. Responsible for daily rotation schedule.
- Ensure Associates and Specialists adhere to and maintain our quality standards.
- Help facilitate, and oversee WIP products, table work, rejects and re-labeling, etc.
- Able to do all paper work and logging of data per company quality standards, with special emphasis on SOP’s, HACCP, CCP and data capture.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have a bias for continuous process improvements.
- Participates & displays initiative in promoting Safety and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Be proficient in WMS system and help train others.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum High School Diploma, some college highly desirable.
- Must have experience leading others and proven ability to communicate effectively with all departments, team members, management and other support personnel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel. Navision experience is a plus.
- Must be able to operate electrical and manual pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. on a regular basis and to stand for several hours at a time.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing a definite plus.
- Mechanical aptitude a definite plus.
If you are interested in sharing your employment information, please download our employment application and contact us at: