Merchandise Supply Planner
The Merchandise Supply Planner is responsible for planning purchases and production to achieve appropriate levels of raw material and finished good inventory to support company supply and demand targets in multiple locations for resale/copacker sales of select Brands.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure products (raw material & finish good) are delivered on time, in the right quantity, in an economical manner to support the company sales and inventory goals.
- Execute procurement of raw materials from global and domestic suppliers and plan production orders and copackers.
- Knowledge of domestic and international shipping logistics/methods to manage appropriate cost effective transportation.
- Plan short term and long term inventory needs for multiple locations to fill immediate customer sales and probable future sales.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues, identify breakdowns along the supply chain and respond competently to unexpected events. May be required to assist other departments seasonally, which may entail standing for longs periods of time and lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, twisting, stretching.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Proven planning and purchasing experience analytical and decision making skills in fast paced environments.
- Self-motivated individual and team contributor with excellent organization skills.
- Effective communication skills with ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Strong computer skills (Power Point, Excel & Word) with proven ability to learn ERP System and/or other software quickly. Must have proficiency in MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 3+ years of Merchandise Planning/Buying experience.
- Experience with domestic and international shipping of goods preferred. Will be required to climb stairs to reach work space
If you are interested in sharing your employment information, please download our employment application and contact us at: