Quality Technician – 2nd Shift
Full-Time Year-Round - 2nd Shift
The Quality Technician is responsible for assisting in development and implementation of a quality control/quality assurance program in accordance with GFSI food safety/security standards, FDA and State regulations and requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for inspection of incoming raw ingredients and materials to determine acceptability based on approved company specifications and HACCP/Preventive Controls Program.
- Conduct daily operational inspections ensuring compliance with company procedures, GFSI, CCP’s, PRP’s, GMP’s, SOP’s, SSOP’s and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for evaluation and testing of intermediate processes and final product compliance results with documentation and communication of all finish product release dispositions and raw ingredient quality decisions during production preparation and production batching.
- Conduct and promote food safety compliance and education to manufacturing and other operational departments.
- Participate and assist in Verification audits, Process Improvements and Corrective Actions.
- Conduct and report environmental and sanitation validations.
- Record data and maintain QA compliance records.
- Maintain calibration of QA, R&D and Production equipment.
- Assist Quality Supervisor in implementation of the HACCP/Preventive Controls and monitoring for compliance.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week or adjust hours periodically as business needs require.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 2-year degree in food technology, culinary, food processing, food manufacturing, quality or equivalent certification or experience.
- Experience preferred in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment with knowledge of FDA, 3rd party and State regulations and requirements.
- Computer and analytical skills.
- Written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to embrace change, work in a team environment and can-do attitude a must.
- Must be able to work independently.
If you are interested in sharing your employment information, please download our employment application and contact us at: