- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- By hand, or with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter with about 1/2 cup of muffin mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add remaining mix alternately with the milk beginning and ending with the mix. Mix until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups and smooth tops of each. Sprinkle contents of maple topping packet evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 16 –18 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm.