- 4 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 bratwurst or knockwurst
- Farmhouse Ketchup or Country Ketchup
- 4 hot dog rolls
- Melt 3 Tablespoons salted butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until golden brown and caramelized. Stir often and reduce the heat if the onions begin to brown too quickly. This will take about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the onions and cover to keep warm. Wipe sauté pan clean. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in the same saucepan.
- Add bratwurst or knockwurst and sauté until golden brown on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve bratwurst on buns topped with caramelized onions and Ketchup.