South Indian Street Food Snacks
Mumbai to Maine® Series - Local Chef with a Vegetarian Menu: Rasam, Vada and Masala Chai are the perfect afternoon snack!
- Date: Wednesday, October 30th, 2019
- Time: 11:30am — 1pm
- Instructor: Chef Cherie Scott
Save 10% on products at the Cooking School Store the day of your class!
All fees are refundable and/or transferable up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled class. No refunds will be given for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice. Seating is first-come, first-served. For group reservations of 5+ seats, five business days must be provided in order to receive a full refund. If we must cancel a class, those signed up will be contacted by phone and a full refund will be issued. If you require handicapped seating arrangements, please call our Guest Services team Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.Your card will be charged on the day of your cooking class. [DETAILS]
- Rasam - a tomato-based broth infused with Tellicherry peppercorns, sour tamarind pulp, pungent red chiles, garlic, cumin, mustard seeds, coriander and turmeric
- Vada - a savory lentil-based, deep-fried fritter infused with the bold South Indian flavors of curry leaves, onions, black peppercorns, ginger and green chiles
- Masala Dosa - South Indian lentil crêpes stuffed with potatoes and paneer, spicy masala with cilantro chutney and a tomato-chili date chutney drizzle
- Alphonso Mango Rava Kesari - a South Indian dessert made with mango, semolina, sugar, ghee, cardamom and saffron, plus buttered cashews and pistachios for garnish