Made With Our
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 pounds ground meat (combination of beef, pork and veal)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Chipotle Ketchup
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs (or crushed tortilla chips for more flavor)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Chipotle Catsup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Place rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat and sauté onions and scallions until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Make sure garlic does not brown or burn.
- Combine meat, Chipotle Ketchup, breadcrumbs or tortilla chips, jalapeno pepper, eggs, salt, pepper, and cumin in a mixing bowl. Add onion mixture and work until uniform with your hands or spatula.
- Turn meat out on prepared baking sheet. Form into a loaf approximately 5 X 8 inches and 3 to 4 inches tall.
- Combine 2 tablespoons Chipotle Ketchup with brown sugar and spread over meatloaf.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. Increase oven to 400 degrees F and bake an additional 30-40 minutes. The meatloaf should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when done. Allow meatloaf to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.