Mocha Pecan Popovers
Sweet and satisfying, these popovers are wonderful at breakfast or as a special dessert served with coffee or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen
- 2 cups water, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted,
plus additional butter to grease
- 1 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate,
- Preheat oven and standard 12 cup muffin tin to 450°F.
- Prepare popover recipe according to package directions. Batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in pecans, coffee and chocolate.
- Remove muffin tin from oven,
quickly brush the extra melted butter into each cup and around the
- Fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, then
reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 15-20 minutes until
they are a rich golden brown.