Caramel Apple Butter Bundt Cake
The flavor of a county fair favorite wrapped comfortably inside a cake.
- 1 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Caramel Apple Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
For Cake Batter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients. Set aside.
- For the cake batter stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Alternately, add dry ingredients and sour cream into the resulting egg mixture, beating until smooth.
- Measure 1/4 cup batter and add to the filling mixture.
- Pour just over 1/2 of the batter into the pan.
- Make a 1-inch trough in the center of the batter all the way around the pan.
- Spread filling through.
- Cover with remaining cake batter. Smooth around top, so the filling is completely covered.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the cake begins to pull away from the edges of the pan and a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.