- 12 Taco Shells
- 1 ½ lbs. Baby scallops
- 1 jar prepared Tartar Sauce or Homemade
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Garlic or Stonewall Kitchen Mango or Garlic Salsa
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2T unsalted butter plus 1T vegetable oil
- Stonewall Kitchen Seafood Rub
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 head or bag iceberg lettuce, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- chopped red onion, olives and radishes (optional garnish
- Mix together 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Mango or Garlic Salsa with ½ cup tartar sauce and ½ cup sour cream. Add fresh cilantro and mix again.
- Make at least 1 hour ahead to allow flavors to marry. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
Place 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Seafood Rub in a zip lock bag. Put scallops in the bag and shake until evenly coated.
Melt butter and oil in a saute pan. Saute scallops until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Place in slightly heated taco shells. (Warm taco shells about 1-2 minutes in a 300 oven-do not overheat or they will collapse.)
Fill shells with scallops and serve with sauce, chopped tomatoes and grated cheese as toppings. Additional chopped onion, chopped olives and sliced radishes can be additional toppings.