Tempura Shrimp with Tangerine Wasabi Sauce
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup soda water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8-(18-20 count) shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Tangerine Marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- In a medium saucepan add oil and begin to heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cornstarch, soda water, egg yolk, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Dip shrimp in tempura batter and let the excess drip, place the shrimp in the hot oil and cook until done.
- In a blender or food processor combine the Stonewall Kitchen Tangerine Marmalade and Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard and soy sauce and ginger. Puree until smooth.
- Serve shrimp with Tangerine Wasabi Sauce.