Tomato and Avocado Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup homemade croutons
- 4 cups washed greens, such as arugula, watercress, escarole, and/or baby lettuces. A good combo is Ready Pac Santa Barbara Mix.
- 1/2 Tsp finely minced garlic
- 2 Tsp Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Mustard
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil, or a combination
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Stonewall Kitchen Maine Sea Salt
For the Vinaigrette:
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the garlic, mustard, lime zest and lime juice, vinegar, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking until incorporated.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and taste for seasoning. You may need to add more salt and lime juice. Set aside.
For the Salad:
- Toss the tomatoes and green onion with a few tablespoons of the dressing.
- Toss the greens with a few tablespoons of the dressing and divide among 6 salad plates.
- Just before serving, add the croutons to the tomatoes and drizzle with more dressing.
- Add the avocado and toss once to coat.
- Top the greens with the avocado/tomato mixture, and garnish with the torn mint leaves and a sprinkling of sea salt.