Chilled Rice Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
A sophisticated salad for a sophisticated luncheon!
- 3 cups cooked rice, white or brown
- 8-ounce package mushrooms
- 6-8 scallions
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice and saute mushrooms in butter until soft and browned. Let cool.
- Clean and dice scallions, greens included, into small pieces.
- Core, seed and finely dice ripe tomatoes.
- Put rice in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, scallions and tomatoes, mixing gently.
- Add Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette and toss once again. Add more dressing if salad appears too dry.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.