Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1 cup carrots, small dice
- 1 cup onion, small dice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 4-6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Harissa Sauce
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, 1/2-inch dice
- Fresh parsley or cilantro chopped for garnish
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large stock pot. Add celery, carrots and onion and sauté until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butternut squash and chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the squash is tender. Puree soup using an immersion blender or food processor.
- Add Harissa Sauce, chickpeas and zucchini. Simmer 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Serve garnished with parsley or cilantro.