Sea Scallops with Wasabi Mustard Sauce - Serves 4-6
To serve for a first course, individually plate four scallops per person and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with chives and parsley.
To serve as an appetizer, skewer each scallop with a bamboo stick. Place on a platter and put remaining sauce into a bowl to be passed with the scallops. Garnish with chives and parsley.
- 24 large sea scallops
- 4 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Champagne Mustard
- 3/4 to 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely minced
- 2 oz. prosciutto, finely diced or chopped
- 2 Tbsp. each chives & parsley salt & Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse chopped prosciutto into a fine dice.
- Melt butter and Roasted Garlic Oil over a low/medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- Drain scallops and sauté in pan until golden.
- Remove scallops from the pan and tent to keep warm.
- Into the same pan, add shallots and sauté until opaque, using additional oil if necessary.
- Add both mustards and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly whisk the heavy cream into the mustard mixture.
- When blended, add prosciutto and scallops, including accumulated juices.
- Warm through gently. Adjusted seasoning and serve, garnished with parsley and chives.