Lemon Cream & Berry Crepes
A dessert to dazzle you and your guests.
- 6 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Curd
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 scant cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces lowfat milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces blackberries, raspberries or other fresh berries
- Mint leaves to garnish
- Stir Lemon Curd and cream together until blended. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, milk, sugar, salt, Pure Vanilla Extract and egg together in a small bowl until smooth. Add the 1 1/2 Tablespoons of melted butter and mix again quickly. Batter should be the consistency of light cream. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to warm.
- Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Stir batter and pour 2 Tablespoons into one side of pan, rotating the pan so batter spreads evenly. Cook until sides begin to brown and leave edge of pan, about 1 minute. Carefully flip up an edge with your fingers and flip crepe over. Cook second side about 20 seconds, then flip onto a plate. Continue until all the batter is used. You should have at least 8 crepes. Cover lightly with wax paper or foil, and keep warm in oven.
- Fold crepes in quarters, putting 2 on each plate. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of the lemon cream in the middle of each plate and top with berries. Add a couple of mint leaves and serve.