Cucumber and Tuna Rolls with Champagne Shallot drizzle
- 1/2 pound sushi grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Dash of Stonewall Kitchen Maine Sea Salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Mustard or Wasabi Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon toasted white OR black sesame seeds
- 2 Japanese cucumbers (the long ones)
- In a medium bowl combine the tuna, chives, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- With a mandoline slice cucumbers lengthwise as thinly as possible into 5-inch lengths. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a heaping teaspoon full of tuna tatare on one end of cucumber and roll. Continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place a small dollop of mustard atop each roll and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Arrange on serving platter.
- You can garnish platter with whole chives and little bunches of pickled ginger if you like.