Sausage Stuffed Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease.
- Cook sausage in boiling water until done, about 15 minutes.
- When cool, remove sausage from casings and cut sausage in half lengthwise.
- Cut puff pastry evenly in thirds. Roll each strip to 3 1/2 to 4-inches wide and 8-inches long. Repeat with remaining sheet.
- Spread 4 teaspoons Spicy Honey Mustard and Farmhouse Red Relish over pastry leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Arrange sausage flat side down lengthwise on pastry close to one side of the edge.
- Roll opposite side of pastry over the sausage until it meets the other side.
- Pinch seams together.
- Brush pastry with egg.
- Score pastry into serving size portions.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, poppy or sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden in color.
- Allow pastry to cool. Cut at the score marks with a serrated knife.