Sour Cherry Apple Crisp
Turn your plain apple crisp into something extra special with our Sour Cherry Jam. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and your guests will rave!
- 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 13 oz. jar STONEWALL KITCHEN SOUR CHERRY JAM
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and butter a 9 inch by 13 inch baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, toss sliced apples with Sour Cherry Jam, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour into baking dish and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add cold cubed butter and cut it into dry ingredients with pastry cutter or your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown.