Lentil Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Soak lentils in cold water overnight and drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add vegetables and cook until soft but not browned.
- Add lentils and vegetable stock to saucepan, cover and simmer gently for 35 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Pour into a colander to drain off liquid and then transfer to a large bowl.
- For vinaigrette, add shallot, parsley, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Mustard to food processor. Put on high to blend.
- Pour over salad and toss, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve either warm or cold
- If a food processor is unavailable, dice shallot and parsley fine by hand, pour in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Mustard and whisk together until blended.