Rhubarb and Pear Crisp
- 5 stalks rhubarb
- 2 D'anjou pears
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Jam
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 pound butter (diced small)
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cold water
- Slice rhubarb on the bias creating 1/4 inch slices. Peal and slice the pears; toss in a bowl with the brown sugar, spices, jam and orange.
- Set aside to marinate.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and enough water to form a ball. Allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll into a rectangle about 1/4" thick.
- In the center third of the rectangle disperse the diced butter. Fold in the side as if folding a letter.
- Roll dough out again to 1/4" thickness and repeat the same folding procedure. Roll out and fold one more time; then refrigerate the dough for another 20 minutes.
- For a free form look, roll dough out into 9- inch circles, place rhubarb filling in the center and crimp the edges; brush dough with beaten egg and bake in a 425F oven for 15-18 minutes.