Tomatoes Provencal - Serves 6
- 3 tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sweet Basil Oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon scallions, chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (a combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, and provolone)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes that have been cut in half on a baking sheet.**
- Place remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently. Salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Place crumb mixture over the top of each tomato half and press gently.
- Bake the tomatoes 20-30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are slightly soft and the crumb mixture is crisp. Place under the broiler for a minute or two if the tomatoes are cooked, but not golden brown.
- Serve tomatoes as a side dish warm.