Scone Fruit Strudel
Rich and flavorful, this recipe is an easy and just as
delicious alternative to traditional pastry style strudel.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare Traditional Scone Mix according to the directions on the box.
- Mix filling ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix crumb mixture and set aside.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface. Knead dough 3 or 4 times, being careful not to over handle the dough. Roll dough into a 15x12-inch rectangle.
- With the 15-inch side facing you, sprinkle the crumb mixture over the dough, leaving a 1-inch boarder on the sides. Top evenly with fruit mixture.
- Roll up dough starting from the edge nearest you. Place seam-side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake 20-25 minutes, until top is light brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool at least 1 hour. Cut into slices to serve.