These wreaths can be made simply and are perfect for that special spot inside your home. Try hanging these lovely wreaths in unexpected places in your home, on a bookshelf, on the inside of your front door or on the inside of the window over your kitchen sink. They can both be color coordinated to your taste and décor.
Satin Ribbon Wreath
This elegant ribbon wreath is easy to make and wonderful because you can select the colors that work for your décor.
you will need
- styrofoam wreath (whatever size you wish, you will just have to adjust the quantity of ribbon you purchase)
- 3 spools of 3 or 4 different colors satin ribbon (different widths are OK but using 2” ribbon makes the project go more quickly)
- thin floral or craft wire
- hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
- Begin by making about 20 bows from each color of ribbon you selected.
- To make an easy bow, loop the ribbon back and forth allowing for two to three loops on each side of the ribbon. Pinch in the middle and tightly wrap wire around the center of the loops. Pull apart and "fluff" the loops, fashioning into a bow.
- You can also cut three 4-inch pieces of ribbon in each color and lay them flat on a surface. Cut a triangle shape into the ends of the ribbon.
- Leave enough wire in back of each bow to twist it to make a "spoke" to push the bow into the Styrofoam.
- Push each bow into the Styrofoam until you have completely covered the form.
Painted Pine Cone Wreath
Take a traditional pine cone wreath and make it your own with this easy to do project.
you will need
- pinecones of various sizes (these can be purchased in any craft store or gathered outside)
- grapevine wreath or rounded Styrofoam form
- white spray paint (you could choose any color you prefer but we found the white looked beautiful)
- small gold pinecones
- blue satin ribbon
- gold ribbon
- glue gun and glue
- Hot-glue pinecones to a wreath base; let dry.
- Using a glue gun add the gold pinecones.
- Glue the gold ribbon to the center of the blue ribbon and loop through the top of the wreath.