- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl .
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in pistachios and lemon zest.
- Form dough into a 12-inch log (2-inches in diameter) on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough on a baking sheet until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut enough 1/8-1/4 inch thick slices from log with a heavy knife to fill 2 ungreased large baking sheets, arranging slices about 1-inch apart (chill remainder of log, wrapped in plastic wrap). If garnishing with coarse sugar, sprinkle slices with it.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until edges are golden, 12-15 minutes total. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer with a metal spatula to racks to cool completely. Make more cookies with remaining dough on cooled baking sheets.
- Mix Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, butter, and confectioner's sugar until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
Stonewall Kitchen Ingredients
Out of stock until Fri Sep 02 2016