- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon, preferably applewood smoked, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts off. Remove any discolored outer leaves. If large, cut in half.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add salt and Brussels sprouts. Cook until they are just tender, about 5 minutes. Do not over cook. Drain well and set aside. Dry pan.
- In the same pan cook bacon over medium to medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Set aside on paper towels. Discard bacon fat.
- To the same pan, add maple syrup over medium-high heat. Add butter and simmer until sauce thickens. Add well-drained Brussels sprouts and toss. Add bacon, pecans, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.