Made With Our
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 whole firm ripe peaches, peeled and poached or 2 (16-ounce) cans juice-packed peach halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Position rack in center of oven.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons of sugar with flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a food processor. Process briefly to blend. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour in light cream and pulse just until mixture forms a soft dough. Do not overwork.
- Roll dough on a floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, to a 3/4-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter or shape by hand into circles about 3 to 3 1/2-inches in diameter. Place on cookie sheet and bake until shortcakes are golden brown, about 13-16 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let cool.
- Combine heavy cream, vanilla and remaining Tablespoon of sugar in a chilled bowl and beat into soft peaks. Remove pits from peaches, if using fresh peaches, and cut each half in four sections.
- Split shortcakes horizontally, and moisten cut sides with a little of the poaching liquid or juice from the can. Arrange peaches on the bottom half of each shortcake. Spoon 2 teaspoons of Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam over peaches, then a large dollop of whipped cream. Place cake lids on top and garnish each with a small dollop of whipped cream.