Mini Quiches - Makes 16
- Pie dough (enough for a double crust pie)
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Pub Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta or Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Generously grease 2 1/2-inch in diameter mini tart pans or 16 wells in 2 12-well muffin tins.
- Roll out pie dough and cut into 16 3 1/2 -inch rounds. Press pastry into prepared pans.
- Whisk together the cream, eggs, Traditional Pub Mustard, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Divide tomatoes, basil and cheese evenly in crusts.
- Fill each tart pan 3/4 full with egg custard. If using individual tart pans place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the center of each tart is firm. Allow to cool 5 minutes then remove from pans. (You may have to run a small knife around the pan to loosen the crust.)
- Tarts can be frozen for 1-2 weeks if stored in an airtight container. Otherwise serve immediately.
Other ideas for fillings:
- Finely minced salmon, minced red onion and chopped fresh dill weed
- Equal parts chopped ham and gruyere or cheddar cheese
- Chopped mushrooms sautéed in butter