Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Panini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 8 (1/4-inch thick) slices
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 pound Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, sliced
- Stonewall Kitchen Basil Pesto
- 8 slices ciabatta or crusty bread
- Brush each side of the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on a greased baking sheet and place under the broiler for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once.
- Spread Basil pesto on one side of each slice of bread. Place the vegetables and cheese over the pesto on 4 of the slices. Top with the remaining bread. Brush outside of the sandwich with olive oil. Cook in a panini press or in a heavy skillet over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese is melted.