Greek Rice Salad
Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean in a salad that’s satisfying enough for lunch. With baby shrimp added to the mixture, it’s perfect for a sultry night’s meal.
- 3 cups cooked long–grain rice, cooled
- 2 cups diced seeded fresh tomatoes
- 6 scallions sliced, including green parts (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup imported Greek olives
- 3 to 4 oil–packed anchovies, chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat–leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Classic Greek Salad Dressing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine rice, tomatoes, scallions, olives, anchovies and capers together in a large bowl.
- Stir garlic, oregano and parsley into Classic Greek Salad Dressing, then pour over salad. Toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and plenty of pepper and toss again. Add a little more dressing if needed.
- Line a platter with lettuce.
- Pack rice salad into a 6-cup ring mold. Invert onto platter, lift off mold and serve.