Apple Cranberry Wild Rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup leeks, white portion chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and pecans, sauté until the leeks are soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes, making sure it does not brown.
- Add the wild rice, chicken broth and salt. Cover and cook 60 minutes.
- When there are twenty minutes left in the cook time add the basmati rice. When the rice is done cooking and tender (but not mushy), let stand 5 minutes longer covered. Drain any excess liquid. Add the Apple Cranberry Chutney and serve.