- 3 pounds small red potatoes, with skins on
- 5 Tablespoons plus 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Bourbon Molasses Mustard or Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3 scallions, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix mustard, Roasted Garlic Oil, and potatoes in a large bowl. Place on large baking sheet and scatter the shallots on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
- Slice the hot potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds without worrying if some of the skins slip off. Leave the shallots on them, or around them. Put the potatoes and shallots into the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, bacon, scallions and remaining 2 Tablespoons mustard. Pour the dressing over the hot potatoes and stir gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool the potato salad to room temperature, then chill it overnight.