Made With Our
- 2 (1-1 1/4 pounds) tenderloins of pork
- 1 1/2 cups beef or chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1/4 cup Cognac, wine or apple juice
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Ginger Jam or Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 1/2 pound beet greens (approximately 4 cups, tightly packed)
- Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to coat pan)
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add enough oil to lightly coat pan. Salt and pepper the tenderloin and then sear 3-4 minutes per side until all sides are browned. Transfer to an oven-proof dish and add 1/2 cup of the stock. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, until pork is slightly firm to the touch, registering 150 degrees F. on a meat thermometer.
- While pork is baking, return sauté pan to medium heat and add Cognac to deglaze pan. Add remaining 1 cup stock to pan and reduce by half. Add jam and reduce to sauce consistency. Transfer sauce to a bowl.
- Remove pork from the oven, and pour the pan juices into the sauce. On medium heat, sauté the beet greens until slightly wilted.
- Plate greens, top with pork that has been cut into 1/4-1/2 inch slices, and drizzle with sauce.