- 3 tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sweet Basil Oil
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cheese (combination of mozzarella, Parmesan, and provolone), shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes that have been cut in half on a baking sheet.
- Place remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss gently. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place crumb mixture over the top of each tomato half, and press gently.
- Bake the tomatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are slightly soft and the crumb mixture is crisp. Place under the broiler for a minute or two if the tomatoes are cooked, but not golden brown.
- Serve tomatoes warm, as a side dish.