- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded Irish cheddar cheese (or an extra sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Craft Ale Grille Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Once fully melted, sprinkle the flour on top of the melted butter and mix with a spatula until fully incorporated and a paste has formed. Continue mixing for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk while continuously whisking. When the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, add in the cheese and whisk until the cheese has all melted and mixture is uniform.
- Add the grille sauce and whisk until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.