- 2 cups short grain rice
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, separated
- 5 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 3 carrots, julienned
- ¼ head purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 11 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, julienned
- 2-4 Tablespoons water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Gochujang Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- Prepare rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and sauté the shitake mushrooms until tender. Add soy sauce and remove from pan. Repeat with carrots, cabbage and bean sprouts, keeping each ingredient separate. Cover to keep warm.
- Return pan to heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add spinach and sauté until it begins to wilt. Add garlic and cook until spinach and garlic are cooked through.
- Gently wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and place back on the heat. Add 2-4 Tablespoons of water to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. Once water beings to bubble, gently crack eggs, one by one into the pan. As the eggs begin to turn white, gently spoon the water from the pan over the tops of the whites to help finish cooking them. Once the whites are set, pour a few spoonfuls of water over each of the yolks, being careful not to over cook the eggs.
- Divide the cooked rice amongst 4 bowls. Arrange the vegetables as desired on top of the rice. Top each bowl with an egg, a sprinkling of sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onion. Add ¼ cup Gochujang Sauce to each bowl and serve warm.