- Heat oil in an electric deep fryer or in a large, heavy, deep non-reactive pan until it reaches 350°F
- Add the fish fry mix to a large bowl and whisk in the water and milk until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the fish into desired sizes and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip the fish in the batter and allow excess to drip off. If the fish fry batter has gotten too thick for your liking, you can add a little more water at this point to thin it out.
- Gently lower the fish into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. Place cooked fish on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue with remaining fish. Serve hot.
*Note: If you are experiencing the batter not sticking to the fish when frying, you can either pat it dry again or gently coat with all-purpose flour before coating if with the fish fry batter.