- Preheat broiler to high and line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat the salmon filets in oil and season with salt and pepper. Warm a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and place the salmon filets, skin side down, into the pan. Sear the fish until the skin is crisp and the salmon is cooked about half way through.
- Flip the salmon over and briefly sear the top. Remove the salmon filets and place onto the baking pan. Spread the top of each filet with approximately 2 tablespoons of aioli. Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon under the broiler and broil until the panko bread crumbs brown.
- Remove from broiler and serve immediately with a fresh lemon wedge and additional aioli if desired.