Made With Our
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 stick plus 2 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Sanding sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Red Raspberry Jam
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a food processor, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour. Stir in cream and buttermilk until just combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about 1-inch thickness. Use a large biscuit cutter to cut dough into 8 rounds (re-roll scraps once if necessary). Place, 1 1/2-inches apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush shortcakes with cream and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake until golden brown and set, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile whip cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla bean paste until soft peaks form.
- Slice the shortcakes in half and spread each with Red Raspberry Jam. Top with raspberries and whipped cream. Serve immediately.