- 3 1/2-4 1/2 pounds chicken pieces, bone in, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Stonewall Kitchen Coq Au Vin Simmering Sauce
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large straight sided saute pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers, but does not smoke. Add chicken in small batches and cook until golden brown and crisp on all sides. Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of fat.
- Return chicken to pan and add one jar of Coq Au Vin Simmering Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a large serving platter and top with sauce, garnish with chopped parsley.