- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen New England Corn Chowder
- 7 cups low salt chicken broth
- 3 potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pound uncooked small shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 1/2 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Maine Seafood Rub
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, minced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and potatoes to a boil.
- Add the soup mix and reduce to a simmer. Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt the butter and sauté the shallot and garlic over medium heat until just softened and beginning to brown.
- Toss the shrimp with the Maine Seafood Rub.
- Increase the heat and add the shrimp and sauté until the shrimp begin to brown (about 3 minutes).
- After the soup has simmered for 30 minutes, add the heavy cream, dill and celery salt.
- Return to a simmer and add the shrimp, garlic and shallot mixture. Taste for seasoning and add the cayenne and a small squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with Cheddar Chive Biscuits.