FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 4, 2014
Contact: Sheri Tripp, Marketing Manager
Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School Announces Summer 2014 Schedule
York, Maine — With classes beginning in May, the Stonewall Kitchen Cooking School will offer more than 150 demonstration classes during the four month schedule.
From traditional Maine lobster to the annual and most popular week-long tribute to Julia Child, the schedule offers a variety of classes including: brunches, cookbook signings, luncheons and dinners.
Notable chefs scheduled to appear for cookbook signings and instruction include:
- Erin Gardner: local author, winner of Sweet Genius, owner of award winning Wild Orchid Baking Company, Great Cake Decorating – May 3
- Kathy Gunst: local author and co-author of the Stonewall Kitchen cookbooks – May 10
- Kate Schaffer: local author, owner of award-winning Black Dinah Chocolatiers located on the Isle au Haut, Recipes and Tales from an Island Chocolatier – May 17
- Stephanie Cmar: contestant from this season of “Top Chef” – June 6 & 7
- Sanford D'Amato: James Beard award-winner, one of 12 chefs chosen personally by Julia Child to cook for her 80th birthday, Good Stock: Life of a Low Simmer – June 13 & 14
- Jeni Britton Bauer: James Beard award-winner, New York Times best-selling author, countless accolades from Food & Wine, the Wall Street Journal and others, Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream Desserts – June 20
- Susie Middleton: food writer and author, Fresh From the Farm – June 27 & 28
- Jenny McCoy: worked for Emeril Lagasse, Marc Forgione, and most recently, Tom Colicchio at Craft when they earned their second three-star New York Times review. Now a chef-instructor at The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE), Desserts for Every Season – July 12 & 13
- Andy Husbands and Chris Hart: two champion pit masters, Grill to Perfection – July 19
- Dana Moos: local author, The Art of Breakfast – July 27
- Madhur Jaffrey: six-time James Beard Award winner, At Home with Madhur Jaffrey – August 7
- Edward Lee: appeared on “Top Chef Texas, Season Nine,” winner of Iron Chef America, food writer and author, Smoke & Pickles – August 8 & 9
- Virginia Willis: respected author, Food Network blogger, Basic to Brilliant Y'all – August 22 & 23
For complete details of the classes listed above and additional classes available, please visit www.stonewallkitchen.com/cookingschool.