Apricot Ginger Chicken – Serves 4-6
- 2 pounds chicken pieces or boneless breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Apricot Jam
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1- teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 heaping teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cashews, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and sauté 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Turn chicken over and brown another 4-6 minutes. Remove chicken pieces to a baking dish.
- Whisk together the Dijon mustard, Stonewall Kitchen Apricot Jam, brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour over chicken and bake 45 minutes to an hour until the chicken is cooked through, has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, and the juices run clear. Serve with your favorite rice.