Chicken Cacciatore - Serves 4-6
- 3 1/2 -4 1/2 pounds chicken pieces, bone in, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Stonewall Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore Simmering Sauce
- Pat chicken pieces dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy straight sided sauté pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add chicken pieces in small batches and cook until browned on all sides. Set chicken aside and cover with foil until all chicken is done.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Return chicken to pan and add one jar of Cacciatore Simmering Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with your favorite rice or pasta recipe.